Emmerson-Bartlett Memorial Chapel of Redlands has along history in the community. The funeral home was started by Mr. Glenn Emmerson back in 1935. Emmerson-Bartlett is "Family-Owned" and not corporate owned. Some funeral homes are family owned but the owner may own several funeral homes in different communities and not be a part of actually assisting families. We are locally owned and operated. The owners are here every day to serve all the needs of the families who entrust their loved ones to our care. Just a bit of information that may be important to you. Our chapel is one of the largest chapels in the Inland Empire today, seating over 200. It has a very comfortable atmosphere for family and friends. We are able to assist with floral arrangements and designs, memorial tributes, including photos on programs, register books, music (vocal and instrumental, including bagpipes), and memorial videos for during and/or after the funeral ceremony.
Emmerson's Is The First Mortuary In The Valley - The Emmerson Yucaipa Mortuary, though recently remodeled and now presenting an appearance of streamlined beauty and modern utility, has been a long established business. Construction of our Yucaipa mortuary began in July, 1947, and we opened on December 3, 1947 at the present location of 35208 Yucaipa Boulevard.....on the corner of the Blvd. and Adams Street. The Emmerson family of which Robert W. Emmerson, co-owner was a member for many years in the mortuary business. As owners of the business after being originally resident managers, Emmerson and his wife, Bing, began remodeling the original building in September 1962, completing the modernization of the business on February 15, of that year. The California styled architecture is a combination of the old andthe new, with attractive simplicity the keynote. Expanding with the increase in population, the mortuary, in its newly finished remodeling, presents an appearance of permanence in the use of laminated used brick both in the exterior and interior design. The spaciousness of the expanded building is at once evident and though modern in design, the suitability of the architecture to the community is at once apparent. The quiet refinement of the newly-designed structure is set off by the use of suitable landscaping and the saving of parkway trees to be assimilated into the landscape design. Entering the foyer, the air of dignity is preserved in the use of neutral carpeting throughout with softly-colored walls and tasteful furnishings emphasizing the California styling.